A workforce of employees who perform well and drive business growth requires managing them to deliver. Performance management and staff appraisals are key to this, but once a year just isn’t enough. To maximise the full potential of your employees, you need to be actively engaging with your team on a regular basis.
But healthy businesses don’t just focus on who is working today and what skills they have now; they keep an eye on the future, and where the business is going. That means a focus on both managing performance, and looking ahead at succession planning.Central to good Performance Management is:
- Praising and rewarding good behaviour
- Giving timely and relevant feedback
- Challenging poor behaviour – either conduct or performance
- Identifying current standards and areas to be improved
- Setting individual employee objectives and goals
Our HR Directors will help you to put in place a useful system of employee performance management and appraisals that will help drive the growth and development of your business.